The Priest In Question

Saturday, December 1, 2007

So, you know what's never fun?

Utter fail-azhan.

So, it's Friday, no 25-man, and one of the non-raiding-but-still-kara-geared tanks in our guild whispered me when I logged on asking if I'd like to "farm Kara for badges".

You know, you'd think that when someone says something like that, it would imply that they've got a good group together and are going to go tear Prince a new one in 2 hours.

No, that would make too much sense. And that's not what we do here in The Relinquished. We make not making sense an art form.

So, quick group breakdown for you all out there in the blagofractal.
  • Me - Not horribly geared, but better than decent. 1K+ shadow damage unbuffed.
  • Previously mentioned Tank - As I said, Kara geared. He used to raid with the guild Pre-BC but his new job doesn't allow time for that. He's got a complete Kara/Gruul/Heroic Tank set and tanks really well.
(Sadly, that's it for people taking this instance seriously at all... =( )
  • One of our guild's best geared Tanks... specced Fury. wtf?
  • A geared arcane mage... brought his undergeared rogue alt.
  • An RL friend of mine brought his resto druid alt, barely Heroic geared. (He healed extremely well, considering)
  • Our best geared Resto Shaman... specced Elemental and in a mix of S1 and Heroic Epics, pulling aggro on every single fight.
  • An undergeared feral druid... specced Resto...? Why? With horrible 60 Epics and Greens? Why? I mean, sure, 5 pieces of Tier 2 was nice... a year ago.
  • A random Resto Shaman someone "grouped with once . . . he was good"
  • Heroic/Kara geared Hunter... who's player sucks.
  • Blue-d out Mage. Frost. Ugh. Uggggggh. Especially bad because it was last week I carried this newb through Black Morass to get his key.
On the upside, this was only our group for a little while...

It started off badly enough, I had logged out in Thousand Needles because I was powerlevelling mining (Needs teh epic flyers!) and the summoning stone in Deadwind Pass was being camped by 2 full 10 mans of Allies. Failure. So I had to fly to Ratchet -> Boat to Booty Bay -> Fly to Stonard -> Run to Kara. Normally, I wouldn't complain, but as I said, it was only the beginning.

So we finally get to the instance and make it inside past the 20+ allies at the door. I don't know if I'm spoiled from 25 mans, but generally everyone actually goes to the instances they're in a group to raid. idk, must be something new, because Captain Failure the Mage didn't realize "Run to Kara, everyone, the stone is being camped" meant that he was actually supposed to run to Karazhan himself. So while we're waiting for him to get there, I finally decide I've waited enough and I'm gonna go deal with those allies. Yes, me. In my S3 helm, S1 gloves, and generally horrid PvP gear. Good idea, right?

Well, turns out there was only one ally outside and it was a rogue. I knew it was a rogue because he actually waited for me to go run over to the stone and start the channel while I ask in raid chat for someone to come help summon before jumping me. Ends up there was a reason he didn't go to Kara with his buddies. He's really bad. He didn't even Cloak of Skill my dots off before I killed him. Who does that? Really.

So once we're inside and pulling, the raiding Tank (the one who's Fury, for some reason), decides that everyone being here means we chain pull every pull to Attumen. Going from SSC and TK to wiping on Attumen Trash because someone (I can't even call him the tank, because he was DPS-ing [poorly]) decides to be a dick.

So guess what my repair bill is up to by the time we hit Attumen? If you guessed 12g, you're correct!

Seriously guys, it's Attumen. ATTUMEN. When my old guild took its first baby steps into Kara we didn't wipe on Attumen trash, but there it is, we did twice tonight.

So we get to Attumen and drop him no problem. I'm thinking it's because everyone was actually at full mana with buffs when we started, but maybe that crazy idea is unique to me. Who knows?

So, a little bit of backstory here. There is one. . . one!. . . piece of gear that I would like out of Karazhan. And guess what? It's the Handwraps of Flowing Thought that I've wanted since February when I realized my Jaedenfire Gloves of Annihilation could probably use an upgrade. Being as that I'm a shadow priest and all I need is shadow damage and spell hit, the Handwraps are really the best thing for me through all of Tier 5. I'd been planning to pick up the Avatar gloves anyway, since I'd like the 2-piece bonus from Tier 5 and I'd just about given up on getting my Attumen gloves after raiding Kara every week since the end of February and never seeing them drop once.

So naturally, what drops off Attumen? My gloves. So I /roll. 1. A ONE. DAMNIT.

But even worse... You remember Captain McFail Mage? Yeah, he jumps, /rolls, and gets a 7. Admittedly, it's fully within his bounds to want them. But on the basis that our guild is generally one of friends and we try to be nice to each other, usually, I thought he'd see the point that there were about 10 drops in the rest of the instance that he needs and one that I've been looking for for nine months.

But no, he takes 'em. Well screw me, right, sucks to be unlucky?

The jerk then goes ahead and links his green gloves in raid. "I'd have given them to you, but I was wearing Mixologist's Gloves, I think>".

Is it just me, or should you generally at least try to replace all your greens with at least blues before jumping into Karazhan. I didn't ask to bring Boldog on this Kara run because, even though I just got him keyed, he's still in about half greens.

GUH. This raid isn't looking good, at all.

So on we go. More horror stories about Fury-Tank deciding he needs to chain pull everything so his rage never goes below 20 or something. Moroes went by generally without a hitch, though I went nearly got myself killed twice pulling the adds off healers because Fury-Tank apparently doesn't know how to do anything but MT. More on that later, though.

It's 4am, and I'm tired. So I'll continue ranting tomorrow at some point.

1 comments:

Mana Battery Bitch said...

Heh, I've been on runs like that, even wiping on Attumen/Attumen trash :P

I try to comfort myself with the fact that it makes you appreciate the good people more.