The Priest In Question

Sunday, December 2, 2007

UI Woes

Textures in WoW are really really really annoying.

Really.

I've been working with Photoshop and eePanels for, oh, 16 hours? 8 hours today and 8 last night. I can not, for the life of me, get these blasted textures to show up.

It all started when I was surfing the Nihilum boards and decided to check out the RebornUI. I got it all set up and thought to myself, you know, I could do this. It'd be cool to roll with a custom UI I built myself.

So I back up my old UI folder and my RebornUI folder and bust out the WoW Ace Updater to grab fresh copies of eePanels, SharedMediaLib, Bartender, Pitbull, and various other addons my new UI will use. I log in, get the video options set and throw everything together in a workable fashion and alt-tab over to 'Shop to draw me up some textures.

As is my way, I start with a test. I drew a Smiley and tried to import it.

Nothing. Blank texture. I can import RebornUI textures fine, so I'm thinking it's the Targa Alpha/Transparency thing. So I go out and read 20 some-odd WoW texture tutorials but still cannot get the stuff to show up.

Now it's gotten to the point that I can't load textures that I know are set up correctly if I even so much as copy and paste them into a new folder. I have absolutely no idea whats going on, but I'm a stubborn priest and I will not stop working at it till I find a solution.

This is my current problem. I hate how amazing XKCD is.

2 comments:

Kestrel said...

Re:XKCD. Ain't that the truth? While I've never had that exact problem, it seems like every 20 min project is 2 hours (at least!) and the 2-hour projects turn into marathons.

Technology sucks.

Trollin' said...

Woah woah woah, that's sounding a bit like heresy there. =P

But yeah, it's the truth.